June 28, 2012

Titanium

It doesn't work for everyone, but it did work for me. I guess I just reached my boiling point of anger at everything that Life has been throwing my way for a long time. I've been down and depressed and I've also been up and hopeful. The yo-yoing turned to be too exhausting. For a while now, I've started to retain more and more hope in the face of all kinds of adversity. However, the more hope I retained, the more adversity Life gave me, as if to mock me, "Go ahead, let's see how far I can take you to finally break your hope!" I am now pushed over the line that says "logic" on one side and "faith" on the other. Something deep within me decided that brooding and pessimism is no longer applicable, even when Logic is screaming into my ear. The invisible doors that were long closed within me were opened by Anger, taking me to a whole another level. I'm too angry to be discouraged, too angry to give up and brood. I'm way too angry to accept my current situation, because I deserve so much better. By serendipity, a song came along to exemplify exactly where I stand. The lyrics are amplified by the music, which make the song even more powerful. From now on, the statement, "Shoot me down, but I won't fall - I am titanium" is my response to Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails