April 10, 2010

Lily of the Valley - Convallaria Majalis


I've never grown a plant. Gardening? Yawwwwn...
But I got one in a pot and now I'm taking care of it. It's my favorite flower - Lily of the Valley.
At first the soil had four or five white, uncertain looking shoots. I've never seen Lily of the Valley like that. It didn't look like a flower. In fact, it didn't look like anything at all.
I read the directions and followed them by placing the pot in a bright light, dry place, and then watered the soil. Nothing happened for couple of days. Then, I noticed a green leaf offshooting right into the sky. Oh my god, it was a leaf I recognized! Lily of the Valley has long and wide leafs, surrounding the flowers on the stem. A smile widened on my face. I was so happy that I was cultivating a beautiful life in a pot.
The directions said it'd take 5 weeks to see the plant in its whole beauty and I can't wait. I'm taking pictures every 4 days to note the progress.
When something emerges, grows, and changes so fast, it's witnessing a miracle. I'm dazed.

Find out more about Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails