April 8, 2010

Escape Into the Simpler

Recently, my behavior has raised a question for me: Where is my interest in Fantasy coming from? I've never read any Fantasy books nor have I ever been interested in doing so.
Then came Harry Potter. Later came Funke's Inheart and Inkspell (no money for Indeath yet). Now it's Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson stories. What's even more peculiar is the fact that all those books are placed in Kids section in bookstores.
After years of Wayne Dyer, Chopra, Gregg Braden, Miguel de Ruiz, Esther & Jerry Hicks, and other writers who talk about the fabric of existence, expanding the perception of life, I plunge into kids stories. Is that the way my brain is asking to chill and rest? Or to entertain itself? Or to escape...
I figured that in every area of life, our beings need balance. Too much thinking and analyzing, reflecting and pondering, needs to be balanced with something of different quality. It might be silence. Or reading kids books.
I'm amused to see myself addicted to monster fighting stories. Not everything has to be so serious.

Rick Riordan's fun way to get away

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails